Take the next step and join the Social Care Solutions team and make a real difference.
Independent Foster and Kinship Care Assessors
16 February 2024
Are you a passionate, driven and articulate social worker based in Aotearoa?
We're seeking two dynamic contractors to join our team as Foster and Kinship Care Assessors, one based in Auckland and one based in Christchurch, or the ability and willingness to travel to either or both.
This opportunity is perfect for individuals seeking flexible work arrangements, offering the chance to engage in meaningful contract work alongside other commitments. Whether you're transitioning towards retirement, a parent easing back into the workforce after parental leave, or a social worker in an alternative field eager to maintain your child protection expertise, we are interested to hear from you!
• Conducting assessments of foster and kinship carers with a critical eye towards child protection.
• Demonstrating exceptional written communication skills for detailed assessments.
• Building rapport swiftly and effectively with diverse stakeholders.
• A flexible and proactive approach to working in the field.
• Analyzing and assessing risk to ensure the safety and well-being of children and young people in care.
• A university undergraduate degree or higher in Social Work.
• Hold your own Public Liability insurance, or willingness to arrange this before commencing.
• Ability to work autonomously, as contractors work from home, however must have flexibility to conduct applicant visits during daytime hours, after-hours and weekends.
• Strong understanding of child protection principles and practices.
This is a contracting opportunity, not an employed position, meaning you will get to work for yourself, picking your preference in contracts offered by us, Social Care Solutions.
Initial onboarding support will be provided, and you'll have the unique opportunity to contract through a supportive company doing critical work in the assessment of foster carers. Contracts are paid per piece of work and can vary in length depending on individual cases. The equivalent salary range is approximately $125,000 to $150,000 if it was a full time employed role.
If you're interested in contracting for us, please reach out directly to Mel James, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the contract description of services and further details about the role.