Important booking information
- Any changes or cancellations must be requested at least 48hrs prior to the training commencement. Full cancellation fees will apply for cancellations inside 48hrs.
- Minimum numbers apply and sessions may be cancelled at short notice if numbers are not reached.
- Upon completion of your order, you will receive two confirmation emails. Please check your Spam folder if you do not receive these within 30 minutes of booking.
- If you have not used Zoom before, it is recommended you click on the training link in advance to ensure the required software is downloaded on your device.
- Please ensure you have a device with an enabled camera and microphone to allow you to engage in the session.
Culturally Appropriate Assessments
Focused on assisting parents, carers and professionals to build connections with children and young people through play, these sessions are created and delivered online by Psychologist and Play Therapist, Lisa Mazzeo.
Connection Through Play
Parents and carers of children aged 2 to 12+ will learn from Lisa about how to build positive and enduring connections with children and young people using the art of play. We all assume we know how to play. But can we use play to connect deeply with children? Can we use play to build children’s skillset and self-esteem? This online Masterclass will focus on the practical skills needed to do so and give carers and parents tools how to really play with their children.
Connection Through Play_Advanced
Parents and carers who have attended the Connection Through Play masterclass will be taught through filial therapy processes how to conduct their own play sessions with their children, building children’s skills and self-efficacy (so children can be confident do to things from themselves, rather than you having to do it for them!) Through this online Masterclass, you’ll learn troubleshooting around skills such as limit setting and choice giving, using play instead of falling back upon traditional behavioural management techniques.
Connection Though Play_for professionals
Professionals (child protection workers, case workers, assessors, teachers, childcare workers etc) will work with Lisa around how to build positive and enduring connections with children and young people they work with using the art of play. Through this online Masterclass, you will gain skills in how to conduct your own play sessions with children, so as to quickly build rapport, engage and learn a child’s needs and strengths without having to use traditional interviewing methodologies.